Department of Social Science
Department of Social Science plays a notable and imperative role in the school . We put all our efforts to stand up to the Mission and Vision of the Institution. Every academic year is eventful for the department and we have marched to the fore to reach our aim of creating conscientious populace of tomorrow.
A well equipped social science lab with computer, high-speed internet, projector, and Digital T V connection, a number of apparatus, models and charts was available to the students from the beginning of the academic year. This has helped the students and teachers to make teaching and learning more effectual. Students are taken at least once in a week to the lab for audio visual, Projects, quiz, debate and discussions.
- Election for the formation of school assembly is conducted which is a role play for the children about electoral politics
- Special lectures are organized on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti in which Dr. Bharati Patil (Head of the Department of Gandhian Studies , Shivaji University
- Field trips are conducted for children, through which they gain matter-or-fact knowledge
- Quiz teams are formed auxiliary to social science department to train the children in quizzing
- Demonstration on disaster management and first aid is conducted.
The teachers of social science department participated in different workshops on CCE and teaching method and kept themselves updated. Formative assessments were conducted through innovative and meaningful activities assessing the skills of the students using multi tools .
The social science department has worked harmoniously under the competent guidance of Hon. Principal Smt.Sasmita Mohanty and Vice Principal Mr.H.M Naveen.